Sunday 30 January 2011

Targets for 2011

Annoyingly I've not managed to get out this week so I've been thinking about what I'd like to achieve in 2011. As I've said previously I fished for years but never really taken it serious and would maybe get out once or twice a year but at the end of last year started get back into it and I'm really looking forward to getting out a lot more this year and catching a lot more fish! I've decided to set myself a few targets for this year to give me something to aim for and give some structure to my fishing.
My first target for this year is to improve my basics I need to learn some new knots and start making my own pole rigs. This will save me some money and I will be able to make rigs up to fit the venue. I'm sure catching a nice fish on a rig I have made myself will only add to the enjoyment.
I really want to become comfortable fishing knowing how to use all my equipment, different techniques and methods to catch fish. All this will help me in my next target to compete in a match. I've never match fished before but my competitive side thinks that this will be fun and a good way to meet other people that fish.
I'm a big fan of a list and as its 2011 I thought it would be good to target 11 different species of fish, so here are the 11 fish I'd like to catch this year:
1: Chub
2: Roach
3: Skimmer
4: Ghost Carp
5: Barbel
6: Common Carp
7: Tench
8: Perch
9: Crucian Carp
10: Bream
11: Mirror Carp

My final target for 2011 is to fish at 11 different venues, so here's my list of places I'd like to visit this year:
1: Whitmoor Fisheries - Kirkham
2: Cunneries - Eccleston
3: German Lane - Eccleston
4: Birkache Garden Centre - Chorley
5: Vernons Lodge - Penwortham
6: Barrat & Jays - Leyland
7: Orcheton House Farm - Eccleston
8: High Heys Farm - Eccleston
9: Heskin Old Farm - Heskin
10: Lindholme - Doncaster
11: Cudmore - Stafford

So that's my targets for this year and you can follow all my progress on here. If you've been to any of these places, or know somewhere that I might catch one of my target fish or maybe you can give me some advice on match fishing then feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks,
The Maggot Dangler

No comments:

Post a Comment