Tuesday 11 January 2011

The start of a new year.

I've fished all my life, but I've never really taken it seriously or fished more than a few times a year. I used to fish a lot of small free ponds in and around the Hoghton and Bamber Bridge area when I was a kid and always enjoyed it but never caught anything big.
I started going quite regularly at the end of 2010 and seem to have got the bug back!
I want to use this blog to document my return to fishing and hopefully progression from bumbling idiot who can't tie hooks on properly to a decent all around angler cumulating in me entering my first ever match at some point in 2011.
I work long hours during the week and have a 2yr old boy who I love spending time with at weekends as well playing cricket in the summer months so finding time to fish is one of my biggest obstacles. But I hope to get out quite regulary and will discuss the venues, set up, baits and fish caught or not as the case my be(!) on here after each session.
I hope my blog will entertain and inform you, but my biggest wish is to get some interaction from you guys so if I'm doing something wrong, or you've got advice on a venue etc I'd love to hear from you and I will be more than willing to share all my tips and venue info with you.

But for now tight lines,
The Maggot Dangler

No comments:

Post a Comment